Rug Repairing Toronto: If you are in need of professional rug repair for your prized Persian, Indian, Pakistani, Chinese or other oriental rug The Rug Boutique is the place to go. Our expert craftsmen have many years of experience between them caring for, repairing and restoring these hand woven works of art. We provide expert repair services for all kinds of damage and we’re confident you’ll be impressed with the meticulous care and extraordinary talents of our repair specialists.
Beyond Washing and Vacuuming: Rug Repairing Toronto
Bring your traditional hand woven carpet back to life with first-class rug repair work from The Rug Boutique. We’ll get to the heart of the matter quickly and devise an appropriate course of action that will return damaged areas to the fold and make your carpet whole again.
Some of the more common rug repairs we handle include:
- Fringe replacement: Pre-made fringe is installed to augment or replace existing fringe. Applying a new fringe in this manner can go a long way toward restoring your carpet’s original appearance and vibrancy. Making sure the fringe on your rug is always in good shape will help prevent the ends of the rug from experiencing excessive wear and tear.
- Re-dying: Over time colours on an oriental rug can lose their pop due to years of traffic or exposure to sunlight. Re-dying the carpet is one common type of rug repairing Toronto homeowners will opt for in such circumstances to insure the rug’s long term viability as an important part of their interior decor.
- Re-wrapping: Oriental rugs in high traffic areas can suffer excessive wear on their sides. As a result the carpet will often begin to unravel at the edge. It’s crucial to catch this unraveling before it becomes too severe and re-wrapping is the process used to do this.
- Re-weaving: An old rug or a rug that has had a heavy piece of furniture sitting on it in one position for an extended period of time can develop holes. Re-weaving heavily worn areas can be an expensive process because it’s labor intensive and requires a great deal of skill on the part of the repair technician. In fact, for furniture holes you may want to go with a patch.
- Overcasting: During the process of overcasting a new fringe is created for the edge of the rug. It’s a fairly painstaking process but one that will restore your carpet’s structural integrity and help it last for many years to come. Overcasting can actually be carried out as a preventative measure that will help protect the edge from excessive wear.
When you entrust the repair of your prized Persian or other rug to the professionals at The Rug Boutique you’ll ensure the work is done right and for a price you can afford. If you need rug repairing in Toronto don’t try and do it yourself, call The Rug Boutique instead and let our highly trained repair technicians put their expertise to work repairing damage and restoring your rug’s health and visual vitality.